Thursday 18 June 2015

WDYTYA? USA - Cynthia Nixon

OK, a day later than expected (sorry!) but here's my write-up of Tuesday's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? USA.

Cynthia Nixon's episode hit the ground running for this series. It was genuinely interesting - and there was axes and murder, always good for the dramatic side of things. I'm not kidding, there was actual axe-murder. I won't say more than that, you'll have to watch it yourself.

The episode was very focussed - which to be fair only served to make it concise and stop it from becoming ungainly. I'm always struck, however, when watching the American series, just how much product-placement there is. Maybe this strikes me because the UK series is made by the good old BBC where there is no product-placement or sponsorship. I will also say that's it's amazing how exact supposed 'searches' are when it comes to finding results - their searches magically turn up a single result. What are the odds?

Don't let that put you off though - Cynthia Nixon's episode is one heck of a story and I guarantee that anyone interested in history will find it an enjoyable and fascinating watch. Cynthia herself is genuine throughout, though there is the odd moment where she perhaps comes over as a little naïve.

No comments:

Post a Comment